Sunday, February 7, 2010

My first blog entry

Hi,
My first blog entry and I am very excited about it!!! I had been thinking of writing a blog since many months now. I don't know why I hesitated so much....maybe I didn't know how to go about it (though I could always find out), maybe I thought what if someone reads it and criticizes it (that could be the key reason), maybe I thought I would not be regular on it....

Anyways, having mulled about it soooooooo much...here I am...a late yet hoping to be a regular entry. I think I started this blog as a result of reading so many Chetan Bhagat's books.......my admiration for the guy increased a lot...I mean he has the guts to pursue his dream, leaving a cushy and well paying job. How many of us would really have the guts to do that?

On this topic I think, is it we lack the guts? or is it simply a matter of conditioning' in Indian society. The guy needs to earn...and earn more and more......wife can 'support' him, cannot be the chief earner.....education is what matters, high percentages, 'reputed colleges' and traditional degrees (engineering, medicine, MBA, CA). So, we forget where our passion lies and blindly follow this path.

I think in most cases we don't even know what our passion is.....we don't try to find out and even if we do, may not be allowed to explore ir further. Like my son, he cannot run very fast and my husband thinks he SHOULD! after all he is a boy!! :):)

Okay, I think for a first blog entry this is getting slightly heavy...so let me sign off now

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment