Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lagos Cornucopia - Part 1, streets of Lagos



Hi, 

Finally I have managed to get snaps from my car, of Lagos, it’s streets and the various nuances that make it Lagos. I had been wanting to do this for a long time, gathering the photos took slightly longer than expected. These are quite assorted and so I will put an image and then the description below it. Given that there are many things I want to share with you, I am dividing this blog into different parts.

Streets of Lagos: I found the streets exactly like India. These were cleaner than Mumbai, definitely!! Almost like Delhi, the highways being super clean. Though there are parts that are dirty, but very different from what I had expected. Also, polythenes are freely available for everything here. Yet, you can hardly see these  littering the roads.

Regular cleaning of roads happens, in the morning time. Cleaning people, both men and women, wearing orange clothes, sweep the roads. Littering is an offence, unlike India. I have hardly seen people spitting on the roads. So, in all, maybe the streets are better than those in India!!

Clean streets 
Not so clean :)
Clean streets

Like India

Clean streets
Clean streets

No comments:

Post a Comment